Friday, February 15, 2008

The Lowly Brazil Nut

So I’ve been looking at a lot of blogs lately and noticing the fun different things people blog about to make their blog more entertaining. One I liked was my sister-in-law Rhonda’s list of ten unique or interesting things about herself. I immediately began trying to think of a similar list for myself (knowing that I must certainly be interesting, probably intriguing). I thought and thought and this was all I came up with:

1. Allergic to brazil nuts

That’s it. I even tried to ask Mike what I liked. At least maybe I could like something above and beyond how much the normal person likes it. I do love Dove chocolates, but who doesn’t? “I like hardwood floors and fluffy bedding,” I thought to myself, but really, is that special? Do I even love them so much that I can’t live with-out them? Apparently not – I live quite happily with out either of them.

So, I’m left with my only uniqueness being that I can’t eat brazil nuts. At least it is serious business. I have to go to the ER if I do, but that isn’t even a talent or a special personality quirk. In fact, it is probably the only unique trait I definitely should not blog about as someone dangerous will certainly use it against me now.

5 comments:

Perla said...

I can NOT believe that after our talks about blogging safety you would immediately go and tell everybody the easiest way to KILL YOU. Please try to be a little more careful after this. haha.

Rhonda said...

I LOVE your blog! I am so glad that you set one up. You have such a fun way of writing and I just love hearing stories about your kiddos. You are so great, Nancy!

Anonymous said...

I thought this was common knowledge - I mean - aren't we all suppose to freely advertise the quickest and most efficient way to get the job done? I know that was one of the first conversations that Jon and I had in courtship . . . just so that we'd know how to get out if things went bad. ;) ha! Love it all Nancy Pants!

Gracie J said...

Nank! I'm SO very glad you are doing this blog. I seriously love it. Both of my sisters do blogs as well and even though my life is far too insane to post on a blog, I'm very glad that I have friends and family who have blogs so I can keep up with you. I'm already well aware that you are allergic to nuts that look like a big, black toe. I think one funny thing about you is that you hate farting. Not just a little bit, but in the most insane way ever. Why would you just hate it so much that you would make your poor friends get out of the car in the middle of winter when they needed to fart!?!? SO SO SAD!

Perla said...

Hey Gracie J, is that you Jessica?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...