Sunday, February 17, 2008

Because it's Sunday

Yesterday our Mia-Maid advisor called to tell me she had a sick baby, so I ended up teaching a last minute lesson. It turns out that it was such a good lesson (not me teaching, I mean the actual lesson material) where you just get to make everyone feel important and indispensable. Here is a great quote from the lesson from Bishop H. Burke Peterson:

"Do you think for a moment that Heavenly Father would have sent one of His children to this earth by accident, without the possibility of a significant work to perform? . . . You were preserved to come to the earth in this time for a special purpose. Not just a few of you, but all of you. There are things for each of you to do that noone else can do as well as you . . ."

That last part reminds me of an Elder Maxwell quote I've always loved (even if the wording is a little fancy pants):

"Noone is placed exactly as we are in our oppurtune human orbits."

2 comments:

Perla said...

Thanks for such a cool quote. Good thoughts for a Sunday, unlike the negative thoughts I have going around in my head about a girl who dogs on the prophets from early church history. urgh. Yours made me feel happy again.

Anonymous said...

Really good lesson . . . thanks again. I love those wonderful teaching moments - and clips of inspiration that help you to see - even if it's only for a split second - your divine worth.
The hints of our potential abilities are awesome . . . . I can't wait until I can be a super cool potential fulfiller. One of these days . . . . a few millennium from now, I'll be hot stuff. For now - I'll just bask in the comfort of being a little less from ordinary, one day at a time. Ha!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...