Sunday, February 17, 2008

Another Great Stage


Mike and the two middle girls went to visit family this weekend. I can only bare the long drive if I have at least a five day rest before having to make the return trip, so I decided to stick around here with Penny. Abe also decided to stay (though he wasn't thrilled about anyone else going if he wasn't), but he seemed to think it his duty to attend the "It's Great to be Eight" fireside this evening for all kids who will be baptized this year.
I am so glad Abe stayed with me. Every age brings a new fun stage with kids. Newborns are unexpectedly amazing, then it is so fun when they are old enough to be excited about holidays; now Abe is entering the stage of being an actual great friend to have around. Generally I would be relieved to have a break from the kids, but instead, I am so grateful that I have Abe here to hang out with me and keep me from feeling lonely. He is such a good kid and I like so much who he is turning out to be. He was just made good. What a fun little pal for me to have around.

3 comments:

Perla said...

I love that post! How cool that Abe is your good buddy! Did you know that Gayle and Alma spoke at the parental's branch today and that Mike and the girls showed up? Mom and Dad were SO happy. Dad was telling everybody at family dinner.

Mugsy said...

Nanc, I love that Abe!

Gracie J said...

The missing teeth stage is one of my favorites...it helps when they are good kids too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...