Thursday, April 10, 2008

I'm very tired I . . .

When I was in elementary school, my sister-in-law Darlene (Doll) took some of us little ones along to visit her parents in St. George. I’m not sure why Doll agreed to take us along, but it was my first trip away from all the family and I was super excited to send them all postcards. Apparently I ended one postcard with “I’m very tired I” My guess is that I wasn’t really so tired that I just drifted into oblivion after “I,” my guess is that I intended to write why I was so tired and got side tracked. Still, my family found this greatly amusing and ever since it has not been uncommon for family letters and emails to end with, “I’m very tired I . . . .” The interesting thing is: not much has changed over the last 20 to 25 years. I have always been, as I am at this moment, and likely will remain for the foreseeable future, very tired I . . . .

7 comments:

BS and the Kids said...

So cute. The things we do as a child. I love that everyone remembers it.

jami v. said...

:) that's such a great post. i love getting to hear about you as a little girl. :) so thoughtful, even then!

ps-don't you think mom's are always a little on the "i've very tired i ... " side? my mom says that's something that never changes (that feeling of being tired) so i better just get used to it! :)

Anonymous said...

As soon as I started to read your post about you being away from home I thought for sure that you were going to write a post card home about how homesick you were, since you were always such a home- body. I'm gald you were just tired. Liz

Nancy said...

Oh yes! I've almost forgotten what a homesick little soul I used to be. I remember pretending to be sick at many a childhood sleepover so I could go home. Finally my mom told me that any time a friend asked, I could just say my mom wouldn't let me. That was such a relief for me!

And yes, jami, I think we will be tired for sure until all kids are out of the house!! Sigh.

Lover of Sweets said...

Oh I love how very tired you were back then and continue to be. Cute cute.

Mugsy said...

Tell me about it.....I do so love that little picture of Daisy sleeping so sweetly. Sketch that...

Mugsy said...

Hah I am with Liz. I thought you would add that you were extremely homesick....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...