Saturday, December 3, 2011

TWO MONTH BIRTHDAY!

tWO MONTHS IS A BIG DEAL. Oops. Just looked up. It appears I still had caps lock on. Well, as I was saying; two months. Big stuff. Until then, baby is “weeks old”, now he is old enough to be referred to mostly in terms of “months” (which lasts clear until age 2 when they start being “years old” – or, for some lazier sorts, 1 1/2, when they figure they no longer need to bother with thing like: 18, 19 or 21 months and can just say 1 1/2 until they say 2). Anyway, that is neither here nor there. What is certainly here AND there is that Anders has reached two months this very day!
IMG_0183_edited-1

Yes, son, it is so.

Beyond the sadness of losing total newborn status, I really look forward to babies reaching this stage. They smile consistently and begin to have a schedule. They somewhat consistently respond to my efforts to teach them to fall asleep on their own in a crib. They eat on a more predictable three hour time table; and mostly, it is just that it is me who, by about two months, begins to feel like life is normal again. I’m busy and it is a tougher thing than it was when I had no newborn to hold while doing things like frying meat for tacos, or bathing other kids, or washing dishes, or . . . typing one handed blog posts, but I feel like it is my new life. Like I am not floundering and unsure of what on earth I am supposed to do.  It’s a good stage for both of us to have reached.

Here Goldie greets Anders to the morning that dawned on his two month birthday:
IMG_0164_edited-1IMG_0166_edited-1IMG_0171_edited-1IMG_0176_edited-1IMG_0188_edited-1

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...