Friday, December 23, 2011

CHRISTMAS VILLAGE!

I don’t think a single Christmas season passed, during my growing up years, with out a visit to Christmas Village. But I have somehow failed to take my kids there maybe ever? I keep thinking we must have gone at least a few times with them, but I don’t think we have.

Anyway, last night, we bundled up in hats and gloves and coats and drove down to meet Mike for the Christmas Village experience.
IMG_0533

I didn’t actually look at many of the little house displays because it was so much fun taking pictures in the magic of all those Christmas lights. Had I been able to be leisurely and pose kids or even simply focus on what hey were up to, I think I could have gotten some of my favorites ever. Alas, there were crowds and Jesse was constantly trying to run off and get lost in them. Mike had Anders, so I was left to constant Jesse patrol. I couldn’t actually do anything other than snap quickly here and there before back to my vigilance. Still, it was fun capturing their first experience of something that is a very familiar childhood memory for me.
IMG_0538_edited-2

I was telling my sister beforehand that my clearest memories of Christmas Village always include coming home afterwards to that unique stinging in your feet and fingers that only happen when they are trying to unthaw after being horribly frozen. I am glad to report that my children got the complete experience as we were all, despite our efforts to bundle, frozen near solid by the end of the evening. Particularly my ungloved hands that couldn’t be in pockets as they were holding onto Jesse or the camera at all times!

Once again, MERRY CHRISTMAS!!
IMG_0495_edited-1IMG_0502_edited-1 (2)IMG_0531_edited-1IMG_0545_edited-1IMG_0574_edited-1IMG_0586_edited-1

3 comments:

marzee said...

Ugh - This is my third attempt at posting a comment. I just wanted to tell you how impressed I am with your developing photography talents. I love how warm, bright, and honest your pictures are. I also love to see you happy and enjoying such wonderful things. You really are such a great lady and I love you so much. My heart is just warmed over by the thought of you. I'm so blessed to know you. Merry Christmas, dear friend.

Nancy said...

Thanks so much, Marzers! As I slowly look up things and practice things, I constantly come across examples of photography that are so so much better and that clearly are taken by someone with a million times more talent and knowledge, and I have to constantly remind myself that I am doing this because it is something that brings me enjoyment and I can work on in my own little sphere with out needing to do anything spectacular for it to matter. So, your kind comments meant a lot to me! I love you too!!

Ashley said...

THESE are SO AWESOME.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...