Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Some Penny

Numbered List Lately Penny phrases every thought as a question. We'll walk outside and it will be blustery. "Is it windy, Mom?" She'll ask as she shields her eyes from the gusts. "Is it mine?" She'll say happily if I hand her a drink. "Is it Jesse?" If she hears him. It is very cute. Also, yesterday Abe came in from playing outside with his sisters. He'd been treated poorly and grumpily told me, "I don't want to play with them anymore. I'm going for a ride," and he hopped on Penny's tiny little bus scooter. I couldn't help but chuckle, and when he asked why, and I explained that usually someone "going on a ride" to blow off some steam would be going off on their bike or in a car rather than a tiny toy scooting around the house, he had to admit he looked a bit funny and before long he was cheerfully shouting for Penny to chase him as he zoomed about. She, however, was uninterested in this game of tag and after ignoring his request several times, she simply said, "You wish." Abe and I thought that was the funniest thing ever. I couldn't imagine where she would have picked that up until Abe told me that I say that to him all of the time! (I think it is only when he says things like, "Can I stay up all night and eat ice cream?" though). Anyway, Pen is a fun little girl.

4 comments:

Perla said...

you wish? i love it!

Jana said...

Penny's hair is getting long.

What a cutie - with an attitude apparently. I like it.

Mugsy said...

Here is something funny, when Jared and Crysta were up Jared said "make me some dinner Meg" and I said "you wish". I didn't think a thing of it when Crysta started laughing and said "you still say that?" I didn't realize I even did but I can totally hear you saying it in my head.

jami v. said...

i love kid talk! it's the best!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...