Thursday, January 22, 2009

Lookin' Good

Q: How's baby Jesse?

A: Fine . . . but . . . poor poor little fella. Tell me you don't want to just cry when you look at him! He has such a bad case of baby acne right now, and it is very rashy to boot. Then, as if that isn't enough, he has thrush. When Goldie had it I had to use some medicine for two weeks -- drops and a cream. It was miserable because I had to put it on every time she finished nursing, plus do the drops for her. I was supposed to boil any binky or bottle she used right after so she wouldn't re-infect herself. That was a long two weeks, so I almost started to cry when I discovered Jesse had it. But, John (my brother/pediatrician) swears that the old school treatment of gentian violet is the best thing for it. It only takes a few applications for about three little days. Down side . . . umm, did you notice the picture? It is called violet for a reason. Most babies would likely only have their mouth and lips totally stained purple, but poor spit-upy Jesse gets it everywhere. It makes me love him even more because he looks so very much like a baby that needs someone to love him right now! People at the store glance at him expecting to ooh and ahh and then sort of gasp all taken aback.

Q: Have any of your kids ever cut each other's hair?

A: Funny you should ask because recently one of my kids chopped off several chunks right at the front of Penny's hair. I won't say which kid because there has been a lot of repentant behaviour on that child's part, and it would upset them quite a bit to have it published but aarrggghhh! It isn't like you can just fix that mistake! Here little chopped front Penny is with Goldie.

Anyway, we are going to our new ward for the first time this coming Sunday. They are going to think we look awesome!

12 comments:

Jana said...

I have so much to learn from you.

Like how you take things as they come and do not fret a bit or scream or yell and kick and swear becauase a crazy thing has happened.

We have been drinking lots of Raspberry Crystal Light these last weeks and it stains real bad. ET has a constant red mustache and for a minute there I thought one of your kids force fed poor baby J some Grapey Crystal Lite or something.

It's a good story - use it.

One more question since you are taking them (or making some up on your own...)

how are YOU?

jami v. said...

oh your new ward is going to LOVE you and wish their kids were as charming (inside and out) as yours ... :)

Sarah said...

That reminds me of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, "Violet you're turning violet." Of course he is still terribly adorable, violet and all!

And your new ward will LOVE you. Who wouldn't!?

Anonymous said...

Poor, poor Jesse and Nancy. I showed Ben the picture, and he immediately remembered what that purple mouth business was all about. :) I should probably buy a new bottle of Gentian Violet now, because none of my babies get through infancy without lots of thrush. Good luck in the new ward on Sunday. :)

Mugsy said...

So freakin sweeeeet! I love her bangs abd how perfect both lovely things together. People excited about the new cute family and get a little closer and later say to someone did you see that rad family that moved in? they are all beautiful from a distance and than your like what the crap? Their little girls bangs are crazy! And their baby is blue!!!"

Mugsy said...

O sorry I meant to say, whatever! Everyone is going to think your family is perfect! You know they will how fun to have a few things so they aren't all jealous right out of the gate. Know what I mean?

Nancy said...

Oh, thanks all of you for reassuring me my kids are still cute . . . though I think we all know truthfully it will be just as Megan said "What on earth?!"

Tia, thanks for asking how I am. I really am fine -- though I admit sometimes it is very hard not to get frustrated that newborn and toddler make it much less easy to accomplish anything I set out to on any given day, particularly when said newborn seems to have decided skeeping -- night or day -- is no longer for him, and neither is being set down.

Nancy said...

skeeping?? I meant sleeping . . . which obviously I must need!

BS and the Kids said...

He is still so adorable. Pretty fun though.

Perla said...

these things just make me love my kids or nieces and nephews more because the protectiveness comes out. i had no idea about the violet. grace had thrush but john wasn't around. addie must not have ever had it or i would remember violet. does it stain or nicely wash off? either way, who cares. i adore jesse with or with out purple baby acne face. and the hair? oh how i cried when i had done addie's hair in "princess hair" and grace decided to help her get the elastics out by cutting in between each one. it was shortly after i'd lost my hair this time so the whole hair issue was extra touchy for me and i honestly cried my eyes out. but it all turned out fine.

Karen said...

Wow, that is really violet. I love the moments of childhood that make adults wonder. I should hurry and knock on wood since we have yet to experience either of these to musts from childhood.
I am sure your new ward loved you all from the get go.

Anonymous said...

So, So laughing!!!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...