Monday, August 18, 2008

Blankies

Sooner or later, all my kids decide that whatever blanket has most consistently been in their crib is their special blanky. I don’t know how some kids avoid this attachment (maybe their parents rotate their blankets more?), but I don’t mind, I like them loving a little blanket so much. I even still have my blanky from when I was little. Occasionally, if my kids are extra sad, scared, or needy; and their own special blankets won’t quite cut it, they request mine for an added comfort boost. I tell them it is all covered in my love. I know that sounds cheesy, but they like it, and, I’m pretty sure it is anyway.

So that is why I thought it was so cute, when I went to get Penny from her nap yesterday, that she held up her blanket as if to say, “This is coming too, Mom.” She was so happy to have it downstairs with us and kept putting it over her head and draping it as best she could about herself. It looks like child number four now has a special blanky too.


P.S. It is fun to have kids a little older because they really think that everything Penny does is just as entertaining and great as I do.

Oh my goodness, and I almost forgot! I'm sure you are all wondering where this magical photo came from when I have no camera! Well, I do have a camera! A new, better camera!! You will all cry if I tell you how I got it because it is too nice, but I will tell you anyway. Two people who love us got sad to think of me having no camera my last few weeks here and so they bought us one! Yes, I know, unbelievable. I have been carrying it around not unlike how my kids carry their blankies around the past three days. Here are a few pics from yesterday. Why do my kids seem so . . . I don't know . . . confused or unfriendly or angry about me taking their pictures as they try to water our garden?

9 comments:

Salty Incisor said...

ok I am so ready for these oh so cute photos of your little ones. I love these!!!
My parents are here visiting so I have been a bit behind on reading...When is your due date?

jami v. said...

i love the blankies post ... maybe because i had one too that i couldn't seem to get rid of. :) there's just something comforting about snuggling with a blanket. :) my boys are the same way. i even heard cole the other night, as i tucked him in bed, say to his blanket that had been in his bed all day, "oh! i've missed you today!"


ps-i'm glad you got a new camera! it looks like it takes GREAT pictures! :) how nice people are!! :)

Rhonda said...

I LOVE that picture of Penny!! She looks so angelic! The ones of Daisy and Goldie watering the garden crack me up! What good little helpers they are though.

Perla said...

so cute of penpen! i am so glad that soon i will be seeing her more!
spill the beans! who bought you the camera? that is so nice and happy. i wish that i did it!

Mugsy said...

Hah Dais has your unicorn! I love these pics and I too love my kids having their special blankies! All have favorites of the amazing ones Kathy has made them, but for some reason Reed has chose a soft little blue one. Which would be fine except that it is no longer blue and has been ripped in a tugg a war between Ramses and Moses. It looks like Jasmines "deed". Gross

Mugsy said...

I will spill the beens! It was Greg and Rhonda!! And that was so cool of them because I talked to Nancy on the phone today and she was almost crying she was so happy about it! You guys are way cool!!

Jana said...

Dang, I just sent you a new camera in the mail last night. I was hoping it would get there before Greg and Rhonda's.

And Hooray for Blankies!

Lover of Sweets said...

Hooray for more pictures! Nice of Greg and Rhonda to send you a camera! I love nice people! They totally rock!
When are you coming here already!?

Liz said...

Quaid had a blankie, I took it away when he was about three because I thought it would make him stop sucking his thumb (he only sucked it when he had his blankie. I wasglad to be rid of it. Mean, I know. Lately he figured out that I still have it stashed away in safe keeping. Now I'm a little nervous to bring it out.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...