Tuesday, July 3, 2012

I Have No Excuse for a Post

Only, there is Anders . . .
IMG_5349_edited-1

And I can’t help but think, all of the time, thoughts along the lines of, “What if I didn’t have him?? What if I had decided on no number six?” Then I have to calm my panic as he squirms in my arms and twists his little body in an attempt to roll to freedom and escape my hugs, and remember, “I don’t have to worry about the ‘what if’. I did have little number six. He IS here.” Then I sigh relief and look up to utter a little prayer of thanks. I think about him all of the time, and, even when he is off sleeping in his bed, I just smile thinking of how cute he is as I tell Mike how much I like our little baby and ask if he recognizes how darling he is. It is kind of miraculous watching his personality unfold and develop, and I can’t wait to know who the five and ten and sixteen and twenty-six year old Anders will be.

Also, there is Jesse. That boy. He is just . . . I don’t even know how to explain it . . . he is just so much the little person he is. There are just so many things that are absolutely . . . Jesse, and no one else. My dad just shakes his head and laughs when we come over as he watches Jesse and tells me that truly he has never met a child with more curiosity (and with grandchildren and great grandchildren numbering in the 60s or 70s, he has seen quite a few).
IMG_5631_edited-2

I often wonder where his intense desire to understand how all things work will lead him. Certainly it has lead him into plenty of mischief, but I am anxious to see what talents and specific pursuits it carries him into as he gets older. One thing I know for certain . . . he is already very impatient to “grow taller” so he can take over Abe’s new job of lawn mowing!
IMG_5617_edited-1

I love his hair in these pictures. He did just wake up from a nap, but, in truth, he very well can be found on any given day with his hair looking like this – nap or no. Something about summer has made me feel like there is never any rush to have anyone change out of pajamas or get their hair done. There is so much of it going on every single morning of the school year that perhaps I have gone into complete quit mode with the onset of summer. Sundays we still manage to look presentable though. Mostly.
IMG_5637_edited-2IMG_5654_edited-1

3 comments:

Perla said...

I feel so sad that I don't know Anders. I got to be at his birth and that will always keep a connection. And I love that Jesse! Is that last pic a reflection on the mirror? Did you use you 50mm lens? Is that what it is? Tell me again cuz I have a birthday coming up.

Perla said...

I feel so sad that I don't know Anders. I got to be at his birth and that will always keep a connection. And I love that Jesse! Is that last pic a reflection on the mirror? Did you use you 50mm lens? Is that what it is? Tell me again cuz I have a birthday coming up.

Nancy said...

I thought the same thing when I saw little Lila walking in one of your videos. How lame that I don't totally know that little girl!!

And yes, those last two were reflections of Jesse in the mirror. Jesse actually broke my 50mm lens about a year ago. Lame. I want to get a new one and I think everyone ought to have one because it is the best cheapest lens ever I think. For Christmas I got the 85mm which I love love, but it is more like 350 dollars and also is a bit of a fixed zoom, so sometimes it drives me crazy in the house because I can't get back far enough to get my kids in the pictures. The 50 mm is much more like just what you are seeing with your own eyes when you look through the lens. I will put the link on your fb page.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...