Friday, April 9, 2010

Notes from Spying

I chanced upon this piece of paper in Daisy's room the other day. I wasn't sure what it was all about. Things she was doing? Things that had happened? After she returned from school I asked her about it. She, rather sheepishly, admitted that what I was holding was a copy of the things she had noted down while spying on Goldie the other day. I love so many things about this. Daisy sleuthing about -- carefully noting each happening -- not passing judgement yet -- simply making sure no detail was missed. But, what I also love is how perfectly she captured the essence of Goldie in her few sparse words. First Goldie is whining, then she is happy; next she is making Penny sad, and, of a sudden, hopping. She departs from Goldie for one small moment to note that Penny now appears to be happy. Then, back to Goldie who is not listening to Abe, and then crying, and then going inside due to a bloody nose.

5 comments:

Perla said...

that is the coolest detective work i've ever seen.

Anna said...

She should be a detective when she grows up. That would be such a cool career.

Jana said...

Have you introduced her to Nancy Drew? That is one of my favorite kid movies because she carries around blonde brownies in special tins for bribing people to give her special information. I think with your love of baking brownies, you and Daisy could make quite a team. I better tell Scooby Doo and the gang to beware - here comes the next Velma!

Mr.Mrs.Pack. said...

Haha I love it! Somehow that just made my day, seeing little Daisy spy on her sister!

Krista said...

That is so gorgeous! You should keep that forever and ever! I'm just smiling at how adorable that is!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...