Monday, January 15, 2024

Backhoes and Birthdays

We've had a great deal more snow since my last post. This morning Mike's uncle showed up to dig us out! Not with shovels or a snowblower like I'm accustomed to, but with the way I quickly noticed, as we drove through the snow to church yesterday afternoon, is the way I will grow much more used to seeing out here in the country:

Tractors, skid steers, and backhoes seem to be the way.
Thanks Uncle Lynn! What a relief to not have to have done that all by hand!

In other news:

Hansie boy had a birthday!

Seven!

He keeps talking about how Goldie will, hopefully, be back just in time to see him baptized next year. 

In the meantime, we are back to that little trio of children all being a year apart (7, 8, and 9) which I always like. And seven seems like a pretty good age for a boy to be.
I love that little phase of missing front teeth.

And, before we leave off this post, two last photos:

Starling and Mette. I don't know anything else to tell you. I just found it on my phone. (I only know it's Mette because she got those roller-skates for Christmas and they have pretty much replaced her actual feet. She has them on at all times.)

We found a bin of $4 ties at the BDO recently. When we showed Anders the original $70 price-tag on his tie, he highlighted the price and said he was going to wear it with the tag still on for all to see that he had such a rich-boy tie. Classy.

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

Seven is SUCH a good age for a boy! Smart but still sweet. I can't believe that Hansie is there already! And I can't believe the backhoes shoveling show?!?! But I'm glad you got it cleared out!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...