Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Caught!

This morning, as I myself was doing a number of busy things, Goldie told me a very long tale. It was rather disjointed, possibly somewhat lacking in plot, and paused numerous times as she got distracted, arranged pretzels into the shape of a dog, and hummed. Still, at the end of this story (if indeed there was an end) Goldie said to me, "Mom, tell me that story."

Confused, I questioned, "What story?"

"The story I just told you," she responded.

"Ummm . . . I . . . uh . . ."

Had I been set up? I felt like it was a trap. I am going to inform my kids that they are not allowed to ever give me, "how good of a mother are you" tests. They will be required to blindly believe I am the best whether my actions and responses warrant such a belief or not.

And another thing. Just who does Jesse think he is trying to look more like a kid than a newborn?

7 comments:

The San Diego Mills said...

How clever of her to ask such a question! Not so much fun for you though. Your baby boy really has gotten so big! He's quite adorable, what lovely large eyes!

Karen said...

I hate it when they my kids catch me like that. Ugh! Your son is looking way to grown up already.

Liz said...

That Jesse really is growing quite fast - how dare he? And how dare your own daughter question your listening skills. I always listen to every rambling word my kids share, as I am sure you do, even if they are telling me a ten minute story about what happened on some disney show in a matter of seconds. There's a lot of "and then... and then... and then ..."

Perla said...

my question is, why didn't you mention anything about the hat goldie is wearing?
jesse is so big. it makes me kind of sad that these babies are gone so quickly.
and also, andre will often tell me a story before bed and then the next night will ask me to tell it back to him...so sad...

Mugsy said...

HAH!! That is Awesome!!! My Goldie Gold is the best. And yeah, Jesse looks different every time I see him? What gives?

jocelyn said...

oh dear. she did try to trick you to see if you were listening! haha. kids are smart, that's for sure.

Anna Sanders said...

Cute. You can blame me for teaching her that trick...she probably learned it from me somehow. i dont know how... but she probably did...somehow...Tell Goldie She Rocks!!!
plus tell the same thing to Daisy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...