I highly recommend a smooth transition (and with very little gap) between having your own babies ... and having grandbabies placed in your arms.
And if anyone else highly recommends such a course, it would be Isaac's aunts and uncles--as Goldie truly gets pretty nearly zero time holding her baby when he is here. (It's fun to see how long the kids can gather around simply watching a sleeping baby.)
Although I will admit that I often find myself somewhat confused about where I fit these days. I'll be talking one moment with a group of older women about the details of wedding planning and how many grandkids we have. And the next, I'll be chatting with mom's who can't even imagine teenagers (much less adult children!) about the new elementary school bus routes and who the best second-grade teachers are. I feel simultaneously linked and ... completely different from each of these groups of people (as it really just isn't that common for women to be raising young children while welcoming grandchildren these days). I'm left a bit uncertain of where I fit. Perhaps nowhere? Or, to spin it more positively, perhaps I fit ... everywhere? :)












1 comment:
Oh, I wish I could cuddle that little babykins. What a sweetie!
I know just what you mean about feeling so out of place. (I'm quite sure that YOU really do fit everywhere! Who could not feel at home talking to you? Every person in my family from age 2 to 50 feels completely at ease when you talk to them.) I've always felt sort of like an old lady around my peers, but now I feel positively ancient!!
Post a Comment