Monday, September 21, 2026

Labor Day Weekend 2026

After neglecting the cabin and Bear Lake in general nearly all summer (I blame the goats and Pig), not only did the kids get to go for a day at the beach with Abe, Kenya and Daisy in late August; but we took them all again just a week or so later for the long Labor Day weekend.

Because Mike loves me, he made sure, when he stopped to get groceries for us on his way up, that I didn't have to go a full weekend without the almonds that the kids all claim I have a legitimate addiction to. I'm sure I can stop at any time. ...
You can always tell if a photo was taken on a Sunday evening by the presence of white undershirts on several of the boys. (A sure sign that they were wearing a dress shirt earlier that day and discarded it.)
We've taken so many walks around the dirt-road loop by our cabin. 
We tried a new hike at Mike's suggestion. Afterwards he told me he'd likely have to wait for me to post about it on my blog to know what I really thought about it. 

Well. There were a lot of torn-up trail parts that were nearly impossible to push the jog stroller through -- much less walk past, but, luckily for Mike, it's been long enough already that I only vaguely recall those tricky parts and otherwise mostly remember that the weather was lovely and it was pretty. 
We stopped at Utah State's creamery on our way home.
The End

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...