Thursday, September 27, 2012

“Sudoku?” Or . . . “My Husband is a Smart Alec”

IMG_9375_edited-1Lately I’ve been pitying myself (again) over my ongoing foot problems. Plantar fasciitis and Achilles tendonitis always hovering in the background – just waiting for me to turn my head long enough for them to pounce on my right foot; some type of stabbing, nail-like metatarsalgia pain experimenting with my left foot.

“I just keep wanting so much to train for a marathon again,” I said to Mike last night. “But maybe I just need to . . . get over it.”

“We just need to find something else for you,” Mike comforted.

I was skeptical. Last time we had this conversation he suggested motocross.

“I don’t know,” I shrugged. “I’m not really excited about biking. I mean, I wouldn’t mind it. It just doesn’t excite me.”

“I’ve got it!” Mike said. “Hot yoga.”

“I’m not really . . .”

“No. I mean like REALLY hot. Like people would be passing out.”

I laughed, sighed, and shook my head sadly, but Mike wasn’t done helping.

“Sudoku?” he tried. “You could do super hard ones.”

He maybe had something with that last one. I wonder how many calories an intense hour of Sudoku would burn anyway . . . especially if they were “super hard ones”.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

For crying out loud. That is simply to most gorgeous picture of you ever. And its not bad of Mike. Very striking couple. Love you guys!

Mr.Mrs.Pack. said...

That is one good looking couple right there! And hey there's nothing wrong with a little sudoku, I just might like it a bit. But I do see where you would have concern about how many calories it would burn. . .

Gayle Harris said...

Please put that picture of you and Mike on our next year's calendar. I love it! Do you also have it in color? I'd love a copy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...