Tuesday, November 10, 2009

My Little Photographer

I was quite surprised when so many of you asked who on earth snapped that picture of me asleep on the couch awhile back. I was surprised because in our house, it is not only not surprising, but expected that roughly one million random photos will end up on your photo card -- photos you never took. Daisy took that particular picture (the one of me sleeping), but it is our Goldie who is a picture taking fanatic. Seriously. Soon we may have to send her to group therapy where she will have to stand and say, "My name is Goldie . . . and I . . . am a camera addict." Every single thing, happening, or time is an occasion for pictures to be taken. The other day I was walking in behind her (after picking her up from school), when I noticed she had left her backpack sitting right on the porch. I was just about to call her to come get it when she bounced back out the door -- camera in hand -- apparently she had left it there on purpose -- seeing a perfect photo op. Silly girl. Here is a SMALL sampling of some of the photos I have found on our camera in the past week or so. You can play a little game if you like -- trying to find things like: our Yahtzee game, Goldie's self photos, Abe running away from Goldie and the camera, etc.











6 comments:

Jana said...

I have a friend who documented a Saturday start to finish by giving all her kids a camera and then she did a book - like the blog books - about it. She said it is one of their favorite posessions because it wasn't all posed and styled like she would have done but very random fun pictures of things her kids thought were cool in the moment of their mundane, every day kind of day. This post reminded me of her book. You should totally turn this post into a book all its own.

jocelyn said...

my favorite picture is the yahtzee score card (although, to be honest that score isn't much to brag about...i'm hoping that wasn't your card nancy).

Perla said...

this is so cool. i love the photos. addie really wants her own camera for christmas and i think i might just try to find her one...

Amy said...

I quite like that girls interesting angles, close-ups and reflections in the countertop. I'll have to steal some of her ideas!!

Sarah said...

Sounds like the apple doesn't fall far from the tree Nancy. I seem to remember some unknown pictures taken by someone on my camera. This person was even so smart as to record the picture numbers in my litte notebook. I wonder if I still have that notebook, I certainly have a lot of those pictures not organized in my basement. One day it'll come in handy!

Catherina said...

I LOVE IT! Especially the pictures of random toys :-) SO cute! Also, it makes one remember how one sees the world from a childs eyes....everything is in "short" view:-) lol
hmmm not much has changed for me since than, being all 5'1 :-)hehehe

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...