Tuesday, January 4, 2022

Christmas Eve 2021

Part of Christmas Eve was spent in a rather untraditional way. Here. The pictures will tell:


Abe was teaching MTC over Zoom at home. We were glad he happened to be on a Zoom week so he had the option to be here with us the days he was still working over the break, but it’s never easy to keep nine kids quiet for several hours. And everyone was needing some fun before our nighttime activities. But outside was so cold. So off Mike took us to play games. Pretty much nobody was there. And the kids had a great time.

Afterwards we had Abe meet us for dinner. Then we went home and did the sibling gift exchange (they just got each other treats this year, though there were also some extra presents from Daisy and Goldie who wanted to get things for more of their siblings), our nativity with candles (in the pitch black house I could only really get photos of the few right next to the candles), and a few games.

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

"Never easy to keep 9 kids quiet for several hours." Hahahaha. Oh, really? Huh. I never have any trouble with it, myself! :) But what a happy thing it led to...Christmas Eve arcade games seem like the best idea ever! And of course I love your nativity. I wish we did one. My older boys just despised the idea for so long after being made to do it a couple times at my moms...and it seems too late to start now. But maybe? With the younger ones? We could start afresh? Hmm.

Nancy said...

Your initial comment made me chuckle. Hahaha. In RS a few weeks ago the teacher said something about our children and then sort of jokingly said, “And have you noticed they never do what we say anyway?” And I made the same comment as you here. “I haven’t noticed that.” Hahah.

But yes. The Nativity. I guess that’s a plus of having family after family worth of children. We can always start afresh traditions with new MORE GRATEFUL children! Haha.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...