Thursday, May 20, 2021

Track Pictures Interspersed With Small, Unrelated Anecdotes

 Penny's last track meet has come and gone. 

Recently Hans told Daisy that his favorite animal is ... a snowman.


Speaking of Hans. Last night at dinner I told him he had to eat his meat (I'd only given him two very small, bite-size pieces) if he wanted to have an after-dinner cupcake, but he'd have none of it. After many refusals and protests, he eventually retreated to the couch where he balled himself up and moaned over the injustice. Mette went over to encourage him to give the meat a try. But he only responded with: "Go away stinky meat eater!" (He did eventually get his cupcake. After eating only one piece of meat, mind you. But, can you blame me for giving in? From his actions and words you can see he fully earned it. Sigh.)

The other day as dinner was cooking, Goldie came up the stairs and said, plaintively, "It smells good, but I know in my heart it's asparagus." (I love asparagus, but I can't fault anyone who doesn't. I can see how they mightn't. It isn't corn-on-the-cob after all.)

Mike recently purchased a tent. (Another tent I should say.) I was telling Abe during his p-day call how excited Mike was because he could fit a cot in it. But Abe only scoffed that next he'd be hearing about dad taking a humidifier and sound machine and so on camping. Haha. We parents get no respect. 

And, to end: one of my favorite things from one of Abe's letters:

"We talked to an old man who was a tattoo artist and car detailer. He wasn't too interested, but thanked us for our work and told us to keep going, saying, 'Even an old biker like me knows when I see you on the side of the road that those are God's boys.'"

They are God's boys. I love that. 

The End.

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

I loved that too!! God's boys.

And let me just say that THAT is a drinking fountain after my own heart! If only there were more like it!

Nancy said...

It was a fountain after my kids’ own hearts as well ... which might have been slightly too bad for anyone else who possibly wanted a drink the entire time we were at the meet!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...