Thursday, May 20, 2021

Goldie in Fiddler on the Roof

Goodness! It was so well done! I could hardly believe they were high school students. Mostly Tevye. He sent up his little comments to God, pondered his "other hand"s, and sang his "daidle deedle daidle dums" expertly. There was Russian dancing with bottles balanced on heads. And Lazar Wolf's wife floating over the bed of Tevye and Golda in a room full of fog and smoke. And the wonder of Motel's sewing machine.


The whole performance was far more entertaining for me than it's ever been watching it on a screen. And it was made a thousand times more enjoyable because there was Goldie. My Goldie.


She always looks ... oh I don't know! Just so bright and full of life when she is performing. Like she lets go of all the layers of living that tend to pile up on us so that just her true, purely magical soul shines fully out. When I watch her on the stage, I always just feel this expanded marveling that she is really here, living the mortal life she's waited for millennia to experience.

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

She really does shine out of these pictures. I could easily pick her out of the crowd. Which IS quite a crowd, by the way—how fun that they had such a big cast! And I do love Fiddler on the Roof. Even if I do always fall asleep halfway through. But which I certainly would not if Goldie was in it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...