Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Daisy

Two weeks ago she came home. (With a year of college under her belt and a car that magically held enough boxes, bags, hangers and clothes to fill our front room and spill out into the entryway.) She took to having a kitchen again liked riding a bike (banana bread, cinnamon rolls, sugar cookies), cheerfully resigned herself to reading books to Starling and playing Legos with Hans on demand, practiced a lot of piano, organized the game closet, helped me sort sheet music, went twice to her sister’s Fiddler on the Roof play, started working one job and filled out a million applications for a second, took siblings hiking and ... stood in the midst of a tangle of bikes (why do we have more bikes than kids?) in a cluttered garage so I could take the black-and-white pictures below. She’s a gem. And I like seeing my oldest two out navigating the world. And I like even better when they come back home.

And to end: a few photos from her 19th birthday back in April.

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

Oh Daisy. What a girl. I like how you list what she cooked in matter-of-fact parentheses, like sports articles do with football players' injuries (knee). It's so sweet that she took her siblings on hikes and let them help her bake etc!

I love the pictures you took, except it's kind of a crime to put Daisy's hair in black and white.

Nancy said...

Haha! I know! I was asking Daisy if she preferred the black and whites out there colors. She said “Maybe the black and white ones.” And I was like, “but your hair!!!!!!”

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...