Friday, February 23, 2024

One Thing Very Clever, Two Things Moderately Clever, or Three Things Very Dull Indeed

I'll leave it up to you to decide how to categorize these bits of information. ... :)

Movie Night:

Penny as Alma Hix in The Music Man. Why must they come out at the start of each performance up here and say, "Please don't take any photos of our performance.'? Why? Whyyyy? She did such a great job! I finally couldn't resist and snuck my camera out for these three quick photos. Next year I'll have her ask if I can come for the dress rehearsal or something maybe?

Disco Party:

The "fuzzy carpet room":

Snuggling:

Bunk room:

This little goofball. Just found her on my bed like this one day. 
Wearing my reading glasses in a comforter that she dragged from her room ... after me telling her not to drag it from her room.

Looks like my photos are out of order. Here we all are after The Music Man.
Pen with a few friends from the cast. 

Popcorn:

Penny asking a boy to Spring Fling. (She was dropping it off on her way to the play so we've got this half Penny/half Alma Hix version of herself. :))

Valentine boxes (some of the kids just made envelopes in class). Dais helped Summer make the shape then Summs painted it. Anders made his own:

Oh she's gotten to be the baby for so long. 

A stop at Smith and Edwards after a day of working on stuff in the garage at the Pleasant View house. (Jesse was off to the side. And Summer ... is actually in this photo--hidden behind Anders.) 

Just how a kid should look at 7:00 am.

We got a big rooster to ... hopefully bring order to our flock. (Do you know how mean hens can sometimes be to each other?)

Summer made a little will the other night. It left everyone wondering who would take Skittles the hamster.
Mette decided it to follow Summer's example:

Hans wrote this great book recently. You see the cover and think, "Meh. Random letters and scribbles. Not too promising." 
But then ...
And ...
And my favorite part: "TO-NOT-BE contenyoud".

Speaking of Hans. Here he is at his little patriotic program today. The little girl in front of him recently moved here from Russia. I think she spoke almost no English initially. But said her part with such a cute little Russian accent. Brave girl. But, back to Hans. It's so cute to see the kids come in and then to see their faces light up when they spot a parent in the crowd. It made me so glad I was there for Hansie just because of how much his expression changed once he saw me and Starling.
Though Starling didn't maintain appropriate interest in the program for long. ...

THE END.

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

Oh how fun to be in Music Man! And a Grecian Urn at that! I never knew those ladies' names but I love them so. I am sure she was a smashing success (and blast them for the no pictures rule. Do go to the dress rehearsal. That's what I've done with ballet. But it's always long and boring, on the down side.)

And the wills!! Planning ahead, those girls. I haven't made one, have you? It fills me with dread to think about it.

Nancy said...

Yes! The pick-a-little talk-a-little ladies!

And I think I will have to try the dress rehearsal. This no picture business is getting to be nonsense,

And no! No will! 😬 We at least ought to probably arrange something official for the care of our children!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...