Saturday, November 4, 2023

A Reception

My niece Grace got married. Shannon had asked Summer and Mette to help with clearing tables, etc. at the reception. They didn't actually end up needing to do much of anything at all (since most people nicely carried their own plates to the garbage), but they dressed up in their Easter dresses and felt very important all the same.

Also it turns out that Hans can really cut a rug. There were very few young kids there, so when they started the dancing, my kids felt hesitant to go join in with all these twenty-somethings. Except for Hans. He went right over and began dancing his heart out. (Luckily that encouraged his sisters to eventually join in. They had so much fun.)

Shan conveniently planned the reception at a building right next to Mike's work, so he was able to walk over and join us for a bit! That was happy! (Also Shannon did so much work and such an amazing job--and in such a short amount of time--pulling this amazing celebration off! I keep telling her she's John Travolta with a brain tumor in the movie Phenomenon. There is literally no making sense of all she creates and learns and accomplishes in her days. 
What fine little trollibuses these sisters are. (Have I ever mentioned how my dad was famous [infamous?] for using all sorts of names for his children? So so many. Far beyond the usual pet names we all give our little ones. And even when we were fully grown. I don't think the above is even a word. I just recall him saying, "What a fine young trollibus [trolibis?] you are" on occasion. And I'm sure we all were.
I never really see the resemblance that must be apparent in us. But it must be there. All my growing up I'd have strangers come up to me and say, "You must be an Allred!" And at the reception I was sitting with Shannon and Megan for a minute and I heard someone say, "Oh look! They must all be sisters!" (Though heaven knows how my parents got daughters with both my color of hair and Amy's color!)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...