Wednesday, June 1, 2022

Penny Turns 15

It's the doubling (and my tendency to double) that makes it crazy. 

I mean it isn't too strange for her to be 15. Because, well, here she is, after all. 15. She was 14. And 13 before that. So we saw it coming. 


It's just ... if she's managed to live 15 years. If that really just ... sort of naturally happened, then it stands to reason it will happen again. 

Only then she'll be ... 30! She will have lived out so many decisions! Experienced so much of life beyond just our little home. That's what her having lived 15 years means. It means she'll be 30. And then, with one more round of 15 years she'll be my age. 

And that's just crazy.

Because at the speed it's looking likely to pass, surely I won't have had time to age myself. And so ... we'll just both be the same age? 

It's looking like that's what's about to happen. I don't know how these kids keep catching up to me. And how I keep turning my babies into ... not babies.

Happy birthday, Penny girl!

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

PENNY is 15? Surely that's Goldie. Penny is… I think 11. 11 seems possible, but only just.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...