Monday, May 17, 2010

Jessy Cub

Jesse Jesse Jesse. He is such a fun and cute and trouble making kid. While some of my kids were quite precocious little talkers -- using small sentences by 16 and 17 months, Jesse prefers to mostly just say, "Hi Dad," to Mike a lot. Really, when Mike is here Jesse is always hi dadding him. Occasionally, when I yell for one of the kids he'll yell along with me, "DAISY!" And once in awhile he'll say a little something that I had no idea he could say, but when I ask him to repeat it he just looks at me like, "I don't know what you're talking about. I didn't say anything. You must have me confused with one of the other kids." And yet, there is something about his little personality that I can already gather and love. He just seems to want to be off and about his business running and exploring.On Mother's Day, the kids all came running into my room with "breakfast in bed." They were all surrounding me and making a big to-do. Jesse suddenly got very upset -- as if he didn't know what was going on with his mom or even if I was his mom at all. I kept calling to him and trying to get him to come join us on my bed, but he'd just run past my door, look in at me, and then cry and cry and run away. Mike took him outside to calm him down, and when I'd finished the kids' special breakfast, I went to him. He just let me hold him and sat on my lap for probably 30 mins. (unheard of with little man) letting me reassure him that I was his same old mom. I like him so much.With all his heart he loves the sock monkey that Mike gave him for Christmas. I try to keep it in his bed because he needs it to sleep, and I don't want it getting lost, but he often goes up and pulls it out of his crib through the slats and drags it about the house. I have been trying trying to find another one because I have a bad feeling that sock monkey won't last forever (I've already had to wash him twice and sew up his back), but they must be big Christmas sellers because the only other one like his that I have found is on Amazon for 30 bucks! He makes the cutest little lovey nice hugging sound when he sees his monkey and picks him up for a hug. He does the same thing anytime he sees a stuffed animal lying about the house. In fact, the other day, he picked up our little dust mop and gave it his sweet hug and, "Ohhhh," sound. Trying to take pictures of him still involves lots of running. Oh, and Penny is so good to him. She is only 19 months older, but she always gives him toys or treats of hers if he is crying for them, and she sometimes calls him, "Jessy Cub." Isn't that a cute name for a little girl to have made up for her brother? The other day the two of them were standing at the window looking out at something or other and it occurred to me that for years there were only little sisters. I liked seeing a little brother.

5 comments:

marzee said...

He's so cute. Your pictures are great.

Speaking of, I'd like to know - what kind of camera do you have? It seems everyone takes the greatest pictures for their blogs - so clean, bright, and full of color - but mine are dull, dark, and often fuzzy.

Nancy said...

Marzers, I actually just bought my first ever expensive fancy camera, and it does go a good ways towards taking good pics, but even more than that is just that I have been reading a lot trying to learn about using manual modes -- changing f-stops and iso speeds, etc.

BUT, with that said, some of my favorite pics ever have been taken with my tiny little pocket sized low megapixel camera -- the pic of Goldie at the top of my blog as well as the last blog header of Daisy on a swing were both taken with it. My niece does incredible pics just with her cell phone! I think the main thing is just learning to take advantage of good light -- evening light, or nice light coming through windows, and not having too much to distract from my subject in the background. I pretty much know that anytime it is dim enough indoors that my flash needs to go off that I will have a washed out crummy pic. Sometimes it can't be helped because you are just trying to hurry and catch a moment, and I still don't know much, but I'm trying to learn a little.

Perla said...

oh i love little jessy cub. so sweet. and i love that penny is good to him.

Jana said...

Heaven help you if you loose that sock monkey. At Christmas, you best indeed stock up on a few. I'll check around here. There is a specialty toy store down my winding road that is going out of business and they might have something for a cheaper price. I'll let you know.

Krista said...

So sweet! What a sweet little boy. My nine (almost 10) year old still carries her teddy bear everywhere. My older two had no interest in stuffed animals. It's sweet they have "low maintenance" friends that they can share everything with.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...