Monday, September 28, 2026

Our Little Kitten Magnet

But really! What are we to do? Where do they come from? I mean ... meowing directly outside of the one window in this house that belongs to a certain little girl whose defining character trait is "love of cats"? It's such a big farm for even one, tiny, homeless kitten to wander across to make it here. But for two to have done that in recent weeks?

It's really getting out of hand. 

But what is one to do? The pound doesn't want them. They'll spay or neuter strays for cheap but then just have you release them again. And who can let a tiny kitten starve? (Not that we would be able to let it starve even if we were that heartless. They just sneak up and eat the cat food we keep outside for our own cats after all. But having a little girl who loves them and fawns over them and comes outside to find and cuddle them and give them milk and carry them in to show off to everyone ... well it certainly encourages them to stick around! 

And who can blame them? She's got a good track record. Remember how Dusty looked when she found him in early August? 

Well, look at him now!
She's certainly establishing a good track record for helping them thrive! And they do love her. I was outside the other day as Dusty came by. I graciously offered to give him a pat and he fled from me. But Starling ... well ... they call to her for heaven's sake!

Ah well. The kids have less and less excuse to grumble over how strict I've become in forcing all cats to stay constantly outside these days. There are too many to let them in! We'd never even find them all in the house.

But goodness. 

No more cats! 

(How can we stop them from spreading the news to other stray kittens that Starling lives here and will find and love them if they just come?)

ANYWAY! 

Enough of that.

But speaking of things growing. 

Little Isaac will be one month by this weekend. 

And Nelly and Holly. They are growing too. (Actually, I don't know if they've grown much at all lately, but I needed to add this photo in somewhere.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...