Tuesday, June 29, 2021

The Farm ... (and the van ...)

The Farm always produces magical pictures. But, lest they be too misleading, I might simply mention that the rides to and from The Farm are as far from magical as anything might ever be.

When we first got our giant 12-passenger van, none of our five measly children even had to sit next to a sibling! But as we slowly filled all the seats (and legs simultaneously grew longer) the joy of traveling together in it decreased markedly until now … the close proximity makes our family drives … well … let’s just say if “home can be a heaven on earth” then our van can certainly be the opposite.

But I suppose things like this on the other side of those drives make it worth it.

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

At first I thought the title of this post was "The Fam…and the Van" (which also would have been good).

I love the light in these pictures. So summery! And Starling's little sundress is just…perfect. As is she herself. And it's so exciting to catch a frog! I love frogs and every time we hear one somewhere I want to catch it. But we never can. You have read the book "A boy, a dog, and a frog" I assume?? (And the other ones in the series). They are the best little wordless picture books and Hansie standing on the dock with that net reminds me of them so much!

The opposite of home can be a heaven on earth…hahahaha. Yes. Well. We will be experiencing a nice taste of that for 12 hours tomorrow. Wish us luck 😩

Gayle Harris said...

So many wonderful, candid pictures! It makes me so happy to see them, and see the 4-wheelers, the frog, the stump, the grass, the net, the shooting, the well, and the happy faces!!! They are building such happy memories. Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...