Tuesday, January 14, 2020

More

Decorating the giant tree:

And Jesse turning 11 (a better view of the circuit-board cake Daisy made him was visible in the last post):

And a visit to Christmas Village! It's a magical place to be sure. But also … soooo crowded that it isn't an effort I make every year. 

A ward Christmas party and my mom reading Christmas books to the kids. This is the third year we've had her come over for a December Family Night to read my old childhood Christmas books to the kids, and I love it. 

Meanwhile … Abe was living out his first birthday/Christmas/holiday season away from home. He got a new companion just days before Christmas so things were all a bit unfamiliar, but the package we sent (along with the one from my sister) made it to him in time! Also … they got bed frames (rather than just mattresses on the floor). They had to put them together with kicks in place of a hammer, but it seemed to be great cause for celebration. :) Our favorite thing (that also gave us a good chuckle) that he said on the phone to us on Christmas Eve was that he really enjoyed the mission … even though they actually do nothing even remotely enjoyable. Haha. Daisy was able to work that little comment nicely into her talk a week later on being able to feel joy in any circumstances when the Savior is our focus. 

And a little Nativity at the Allred Christmas party.

I was almost tempted to have us skip our own little nativity and reading of Luke 2 on Christmas Eve. (Mostly because I didn't want to pull out scarves and robes and the like), but I'm glad I didn't put the kabosh on it as it was my favorite part of Christmas Eve. Mike turned off all the lights but a candle again (which magically kept the kids much more reverent than usual). He also played the mandolin while we sang a few Christmas songs.

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

Your Christmas Eve looks so peaceful and cozy! Why don't we light candles more often? I bet with the mandolin it was wonderful.

But your tree! Your glorious tree! I do sort of wish we could have trees inside all the time. Especially live ones. (You can tell it's been a few years since we had a live tree, so the chores of vacuuming and watering have faded in my memory.) But they're just so full of life and drama! It would be fun to always be decorating them for the different seasons.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...